Do you have a truck model car and you use it occasionally? Well, you may need to look for something that will protect your car. As soon as you leave your car from enemies like rain, hail, snow and excessive sun exposure, your car will turn into unattractive. In this case, you need to have something that will surely protect the car – so making tonneau truck cover is a perfect choice.
Tonneau is a protective cover used to truck bed. Regardless of the purpose of protecting truck beds from destructive elements, it is also used to protect cargo. The Tonneau cover is a very popular accessory for truck owners as well as drivers who regularly use trucks to carry cargo or sensitive items harga blockboard. Can be purchased at car stores or even in online stores. However, if you want to be wise and save your pocket money, you can start making tonneau truck cover.
1. Take the measurement accurately and remove the plastic cap and screw hole and measure the distance from 1 inch before you reach the end of the truck bed to the center of the first screw hole. Measure the distance between the first two and proceed the same procedure with the set of screw holes. However, provide 1 inch before you reach the end of the bed. Also, to get the right size from the top bunk to the center of every whole. After that, measure the distance from the bottom of the plywood to the screw hole by reducing 1 inch from the last size you have. With this, you will know the location where you will drill holes in your 2×4 which should extend from O inches from the back and also the front of the bed.
2. Go to the hardware store where you buy plywood and show the size to cut plywood, like cutting plywood alone can be a tough task for you.
3. Bore the hole you have measured and give 1 the allowance diameter so you can make adjustments if necessary. Once you have a drill, it will be better because you do not have to visit the hardware a second time. The hole should be at least 1 inch deep and the luck of this hole utilizes a 6mmx50mm hex bolt.
4. Put the plywood on the truck bed and push it up to the head of the truck and wrap the plywood by vinyl to make it look more attractive.
5. Attach all hinges in 2×4 on the front of the truck bed as well as on the tonneau cover.
6. Screw the locking mechanism on 2×4 and bolt the second part of the locking mechanism on the plywood. Get sandpaper and rub on the surface of the plywood to make it smoother and less visible like plywood mounted on the back of the truck.
7. Paint all plywood surfaces and make sure not to leave unpainted places.
Creating a tonneau truck cover is easy to do. Just follow the instructions so you can get the best results you want.