Volcano erupts when magma sediment that is in the earth’s crust is pushed out by a very high-pressure gas. Magma rises to the surface pass through cracks in rocks and flowing like a river of fire, carrying rocks, dust, ash, steam and other hot gas path. Magma that erupted from the volcano is called lava. Over time, this lava to cool and hardened into rocks and pile up to form a new mountain.
The result of the volcanic eruption in the form of: earthquake insurance
- Volcanic gas
- The flow of lava and sand followed Hot Stone
- ash eruption
- Heat clouds (pyroclastic)
A little explanation about the result of a volcanic eruption:
- Volcanic gases are gases emitted when a volcanic eruption which released include carbon monoxide (CO), Carbondioksida (Co2), HidrogenSulfida (H2S), sulfur dioxide (SO2) and nitrogen (NO2) are harmful to humans.
- Lava is liquid magma flowing at high temperature to the surface through volcanic crater. Lava dilute able to flow away from the source mengikutisungai or valleys of viscous lava flows while not far dar isumbernya.
- Lahar is one danger for the people living on the slopes of the volcano. Lahar is flooded Bandang mountainside consisting of a mixture of volcanic material sized lump of clay till. Known as lava eruptions and lava rain. Lava eruptions occur when a volcano has a crater lake erupted, so the hot water mixes with the lake eruption material, while the rain lava eruptions occur due to material mixing with rain water around the peak.
- Volcanic ash is very fine material. Due to the impact of wind gusts could be felt hundreds of kilometers away. The impact of the ash problems breathing, difficulty seeing, contamination of clean water sources, causing an electrical storm, interrupting work machinery and motor vehicles, damaging the roof, damaging fields, damaging infrastructure body.
- Hot clouds can be a stream of hot clouds, blowing hot clouds and pyroclastic fallout.Hot clouds of material flow is a major eruption cloud hot, flowing down and eventually settles in and around the river valley. Blowing hot cloud is a cloud of hot material small eruptions, wind blown at speeds reaching 90 km / h. Dropping hot cloud is a cloud of hot material large and small eruption that was brought up by the great strength of the eruption. Large-sized material will fall around the peak, while the fine would fall in the tens, hundreds or even thousands of km from the summit because of the influence of wind gusts. Hot clouds can cause severe burns ntubuh bagia open as head, arm, neck or leg and also cause shortness until no breathing.
Facing tips LetusanGunungMerapi
- Find out about community security system in their respective areas as well as a flow chart of an emergency
- Beware of the dangers that accompany volcanic eruptions, namely:
– lahar and flood disaster
– landslide and hailstones (volcanic material)
– The rain of ash and acid rain
- Make evacuation plans
– If you live in areas prone to volcanic disaster,
should remember the route where it is safe to pass.
– Form community volcano hazards
– Try to gather with other family members.
– Make a note of the telephone number / contact other family members. Involve family who live far away to be able to help communication because usually after a disaster is easier to perform remote contact.
Make inventory of emergency supplies such as:
– Battery / flashlight and extra batteries stones
– medicines for first aid
– food and water for emergencies.
– can opener
– dust mask
– Wear sunglasses and use the mask in case of ashfall.
- Contact the authorities on disaster reduction.
- Although it seems safer to stay indoors until the volcano stops erupting, but if you live in hazard-prone areas will be very dangerous volcano. Obey the instructions that authority and do as soon as possible.